Pages

Friday 5 June 2015

Where To Invest?

I'm back and back with a bang none the less. I had to take a slight hiatus last week due to a very poorly dog who is currently in my lap having a power snooze as I write this post. But lets move on... following Jamie's post on Monday all about looking after your skin I thought I share with you the area's I like to spend my hard earned cash on. When it comes to makeup and skin care its easy to settle for less than the best but there are a certain few areas that I will always spend that little more on!
  • Skincare - Cleanser and Moisturiser
Your makeup will only look as good as the skin underneath and using a good cleanser and moisturiser will make a huge difference to your skin. Choosing the correct products for your skin type is key so if your unsure pop to your local department store and fish around the skincare counters and ask for some advice! And the three most essential things...water, SPF and taking your makeup off which might mean two cleansers so be it! You're skin is with you for life so it is worth the investment and make sure you bring that moisturiser down the neck too, it holds your face up so don't neglect it! 

  • Foundation
Similarly to above, choosing a good foundation will show off your skin in the best light. Texture and colour are key. Foundation can be 'spensive so if your unsure, start from the bottom by visiting makeup counters and getting samples to try. When you find "The One" everything else that goes on top should just fall into place! If your not comfortable spending too much on a foundation that you wear everyday and will more than likely fly through in no time, why not keep it for special occasions or nights out? Then scouring the self selection aisle in Boots to find the one that will take you through the day/work. 

  • Mascara
Give a girl the right mascara and she can conquer the world. Length, volume and curl....I want it all and believe you me I have a mascara graveyard to prove it. Mascara's can cost between a few euro right up to the price of a meal for 2 so it can be an expensive treasure hunt. But if your like me and your days off consist of only a tinted moisturiser and a mascara they are worth it, it can take me from tired to bright eyed and bushy tailed in one step! 

They are just a few things that I don't mind dishing out for! What are the items you spend the most on or do you think you can find just as good in budget brands? Let me know in the comments..

Love,
S and Paddy. x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik