Pages

Friday 7 August 2015

Product Review; Vichy Aqualia Thermal.

Good evening!

I can't actually describe how excited I am to be bringing you this review. I'm a little bit worried that it's a Friday night and I'm more excited to talk about a facial serum than throw on clean jeans and go out. That being said, the money most people spend on a good session I plug into skincare. No hangover, and a cleansing routine so regimental and steadfast that any neat freak would experience nirvana. It's not all bad.

I've been on a bit of a skincare crusade for the last while, as my skin is temperamental at the best times. I have oily skin that's prone to dehydration, which can cause havoc. My main issue was always either loading my skin with products that were too heavy or not adding enough water back to my skin. Both scenarios had desperate consequences. Skip through many years of stressed teenage skin (can you imagine?! My face was in the horrors) to my discovery of liquid exfoliation, hyaluronic acid, and gel moisturisers. My skin is by no means heavenly but I know enough to manage it at this stage. Big thanks to Caroline Hirons' blog and our very own Susan for giving me advice along the way. My face thanks you both.


This week I added to my collection. I've been trialling Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum and Awakening Eye Balm for the last few days. I got about three uses out of each product before I was itching to rave about them. I discovered the serum online (big kudos to the Hirons and Sali Hughes) and it ticked all the proverbial boxes for me. Lightweight, but packed with skin loving and water infusing ingredients. In my hunt for it I also came across the eye balm which I promptly snapped up to go with it. I've been indulging ever since.

I'm going to do this review in two parts, and give an overall verdict. This way I can give the most information on each product, but keep it all as organised and understandable as possible.


The Serum. 

What is it?
A fluid product designed to soothe sensitive and dehydrated skin. As a serum, this is applied your moisturiser.

How does it work? 
Aqualia Thermal has glycerin and hyaluronic acid derivatives inside. Glycerin attracts moisture to the skin, while hyaluronic acid can hold a dense amount of water and store it. Together these flood the skin with water instead of oil to relieve dehydration without weighing the skin down with oil.

How does it feel?
Amazing, really refreshing. A little goes a long way with this. My skin feels so comfortable since I've started using these. There's no tight, drawn feeling after cleansing. It doesn't soak in ridiculously fast either so I never feel like I have to load more product on to get the full effect. A couple of pumps should be enough for the entire face.


The Eye Balm.

What is it?
A "balm" to combat dehydration around the eye area. I would call this a gel, to be honest. Either way it's a moisturising product for the eye that promises to reduce the signs of dehydration and soothe the delicate skin in that region. The title says "Awakening" but I use it morning and evening.

How does it work?
This product contains the same hydrating ingredients as the facial serum, and also caffeine. Given that this combats a lack of water in the skin I'm glad to see these ingredients here. If budget is an issue, you can totally use the serum around the eye. I've tried both, both ways work fine, I just like the richer texture of the gel around the eye. Caffeine? You could leave it to be honest.

How does it feel? 
Once again, this feels lovely. Because it's a thicker consistency it does take longer to soak in, but it feel nice and soothing. I use a lot of eye make up when I trowel on the war paint, so the removal can get a bit heavy duty. This was a pleasure to pop on after a serious strip down, with a slight cooling feeling.

The Overall Verdict. 

I'm sold on these guys. With the Serum clocking in at €22.49 and the Eye Balm at €19.90 (both from Boots) I can't complain. As I mentioned, both contain the same ingredients to boost water levels in the skin so if money is an issue I'd grab the serum and just use it around the eye.
As someone with an oily skin finding something to hydrate without heaviness has been a bit of a task. My skin reacts quite quickly to anything weighing it down, but this has been a delight.
Anyone with a drier skin, this is worth checking out. If your skin feels tight or tender it could be a lack of water as well as oil. Tackling one will help you cope with the other.

And that, lads and lassies, is that. I've just used these after a shower, and I'm still stuck in the novelty like a child at Christmas. I kind of want to clean my face again just to have another go. I won't though, they're too precious to waste!

Next week I'll be posting a full skincare routine and what I use at each step, so keep an eye out for that.

Until next time,
J x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik