Pages

Monday 4 May 2015

The Essentials; The Brush Edition.

Monday? Check. Coffee? Check. Decaf at this hour, naturally. Another post? Check. We're in business.

Susan took up my usual haunt last Monday and did so beautifully, but I'm back this week with a post on some of my favourite brushes. These are the brushes I call on in any given situation, and the ones I think that you guys seriously need to invest in! Good brushes make all the difference when it comes to applying your war paint. 

It's a Bank Holiday Monday night so I'll keep this on the side of "Light Reading" and group these bad boys by Eyes, Skin and Lips. If anyone would like a more in depth review, just let me know and I'll throw together a lil' somethin'! For now, let's get cracking.


Eyes.


(brushes listed L-R)

Eco Tools Concealer Brush: A stiff, flat synthetic brush. Perfect for applying cream shadow. I also use this for under eye concealer, but I much prefer it for work on the eyelid.

Inglot 31T Brush: The very last word in angled brushes as far as I'm concerned. Razor thin and super precise, I love this for winged liner or for brows. The brush is flexible enough to create a soft, natural brow if needs be. 

Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush: An ideal brush to apply eye primer with. This blends cream or powder gorgeously. The brush won't absorb fluid products, making it perfect for cream products.

MAC 239: A flat brush made of goats hair. This is brilliant for packing shadow onto the eye with the best payoff. I also like this for shadow underneath the eye, as the top of the brush is thin and dense.

Inglot 6SS: A large blending brush for applying a light wash of colour, perfect for applying a contour shade into the crease. I start almost all of my eye looks with this brush to determine the space I'm working with. The 6SS is made of natural hair, so it's best for powder shadows.

MAC 217: The cult favourite. A small, oval shaped blending brush. The 217 can be used for larger areas or to add specific definition. Again this is better with powders in my experience as it is white goat's hair and can stain. I've used some popular alternatives for this brush but keep coming back to the 217.

CrownBrush C224: An oval shaped concealer brush. This is my go to brush for under eye concealer as it's dense enough to blend the product without reducing the coverage. The C224 is a basic brush I think every one should have, no one won't benefit form owning this guy.

Inglot 10S: A long, thin blending brush. This is perfect for smudging out eye liner or defining underneath the eyes as its shape keeps it really precise. I use this to create a really soft inner corner highlight as well. 

Skin.


(brushes listed L-R)

CrownBrush C435: A large, soft, angled brush. This brush blends powder bronzer over the face and neck quickly and easily without adding too much product. Plus it feels amazing on the skin!

CrownBrush C426: A huge duo-fibre brush with a domed head. I absolutely love this brush for blending powder products down onto the neck. If I have a client with a tan that doesn't quite match a shade in my kit I prefer to use a powder bronzer or foundation to match the neck as these are less likely to transfer onto clothes. This brush blends these products really softly for the most natural finish.

CrownBrush C466: A classic flat foundation brush. This is synthethic but incredibly soft. I get no streaky lines when I apply liquid products with this brush. Being totally honest, I was never a fan of this type of brush until I picked this one up. I now own three. That's how fabulous this is. 

CrownBrush C427: A smaller version of the C426, and more dense. You can be a lot more precise with this brush, I love this for applying a contour product with. Being duo fibre it works equally well with powders and creams. I own a couple of these as they work well for blush so I may use more than one at a time. 

Inglot 4SS: A large blending brush. This brush is so soft that I look for reasons to use this, just to feel it on my face! It's best for applying product in a specific area. I find this a little bit small for blush but I love it for specific contour or highlight placement. Despite being natural hair it works quite well with creams. 

Real Techniques Buffing Brush: If I'm in a rush, I pull out this guy. It blends product into the skin for a gorgeous natural finish. I use this with MAC Studio Fix Powder for easy coverage and even skin when I roll out of bed 25 minutes late. This is a Godsend. 


Lips.


(brushes listed L-R)

CrownBrush C463: An angled brush that's perfect for getting crisp lip lines. I love this for defining the outside of the cupid's bow. The edge is flat as opposed to curved so it does half of the work for you. 

Real Techniques Accent Brush: The tip of this brush is rounded, so I do love this for defining the curved bow of the lip. This is irreplaceable for me when it comes to doing dark, precise lip colours. I know this is marketed as an eye brush, but for me it's lips all the way. 

Face2 304 Lip Brush: I picked this brush up out of need rather than interest to be honest, but I ended up loving it. The brush is flexible enough to blend lip liner and lipstick together without losing control of the product. I also love this for touch ups. Once I have my shape defined, this brush fills the space really easily. 


I could go on from here, but I'll leave it at that. It's safe to say that these have become tools of my trade. If any of these become discontinued I'll have to hang up my brush belt for good! If you like the look of anything you see above, I've included links to some online shops below:

To purchase any of the CrownBrush items you can visit their online shop here.
MAC and Inglot brushes can be purchased from theie respective retail locations around Ireland. Inglot Ireland have an online shop, for their brushes you can click here. 
Real Techniques And Eco Tools retail in Boots in Ireland and can be purchased from the Boots website here. 
Face2 retail through Makeup Forever on Clarendon Street, Dublin. To purchase the Face2 Lip Brush through the Makeup Forever website, click here.

With all of that said, I'll leave it right there. As always, get in touch on our other social media locations. All of those are linked at the top of the blog. Blah,blah, blah, shameless plug and traffic driving through different platforms, you know the story by now...

Good night and God bless!
J x 






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik