Pages

Friday 14 August 2015

Product Review: Vichy Idealia Life Serum and Idealia Skin Sleep

Life has been....hectic lets put it that way so I have been lacking on the posts and poor Jamie has been left on his own but fret now I'm back and today's post is a product review! It's very rare that I change my skincare much, I have an acne prone skin and I try to avoid aggravating it as much as possible but recently I attended an event for the new Vichy Skin Sleep moisturiser and I was too intrigued not to try it! So I'm going to break down the two products and tell you a little more about them and then give you my final verdict. 

On the left Idealia Skin Sleep/On the right Idealia Life Serum


Idealia Life Serum 30ml €35

What is it?
A light non greasy serum infused with Vichy's world famous formula.  It gives the skin an instant complexion boost as it has a light iridescence in it that gives a gorgeous glow. As with all serums it should be applied before your moisturiser, and as it is quite light it can be worn by all skin types. It also has a very light floral scent which hasn't irritated my skin thus far but beware if you are more sensitive to scents.

How does it work?

As mentioned it contains Vichy's magic formula of LR2412 + LHA molecule but what is that exactly? A deadly duo that helps transform and protect skin from pollution, bad diets and stress. According to Vichy these two ingredients are inspired by the way our skin naturally works "LR2412 accelerates skin's repair and boosts its resistance to external aggressors. Micro-exfoliating LHA helps to stimulate renewal and reduce the appearance of surface pigmentation." It also contains Vichy Spa Water and glycerine to hydrate the skin. I have also noted Capryloyl Salicylic Acid in the ingredients list but it is quite far down so I am unsure whether this would have a major affect on acne prone skin. 

How does it feel? 
So far I am absolutely loving this serum, although I am normally put off products that have an added fragrance I am really enjoy the light floral scent. As a dry skin I normally use quite a heavy moisturiser to hydrate and I find that this doesn't add too heavy a layer underneath so makeup sits nicely on top without slipping off hours later. 




Idealia Skin Sleep 50ml €28


What is it?

A gel balm night time moisturiser that was created to stimulate the skins naturally process while we sleep. Through their research Vichy noted that "Beauty Sleep" does actually exist and it occurs at 12am to 1am when we would normally be in a deep sleep or REM as its also known. But as are days are getting longer and our nights are getting shorter we aren't getting as much sleep which means our skin isn't repairing normally. Skin sleep was created to combat this and no matter how many hours you get in, Skin Sleep will do half the work. 

How does it work?

Basically it contains some serious skin loving ingredients such as LHA(smooths and brightens), Vitamin B3 (which reinforces the barrier functions of skin and helps improve how skin holds hydration), Caffeine (counteracts against signs of fatigue and stimulates cells) and hyaluronic acid (serious hydration and plumping). I KNOW....some seriously good ingredients. 

How does it feel? 

Amazing as its a gel balm it feels super light on the skin which means you aren't going to bed with a whole mound of moisturiser on. As its a gel it would be great for the oilier skins to control oil production but dry skins will also love this. It also has a light fragrance of jasmine and green tea which is quite refreshing if you've had a long day. 

The verdict?
Two new firm favourites. I haven't really tried many of Vichy's products and I am SUPER impressed with these two. I have been using them for the past few weeks to put them to the test and they definitely do what it says on the tin...I also don't feel so guilty when going to bed an hour too late either! These would be perfect for someone just starting out with skin care and wants to prevent ageing and a lower budget. But don't get me wrong this range suits all ages, skin types and skin tones. 

It gets the Suzie Q seal of approval! 
Until next time,
S x

4 comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik