Pages

Monday 25 May 2015

My Staple Pieces; MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation.

Ah, home sweet home. A.K.A a Monday where I'm in the comfiest clothes I own planted in front of a laptop with photos syncing to Dropbox so I can gush about cosmetics. You know the drill by now.

The post I'll be doing today is a review I probably should have opened with. I have no idea why it's taken me so long to get around to talking about this. I'm actually a little bit embarrassed because if you've heard me talk about make up before chances are I've mentioned this at least fifteen times.

It is, of course, MAC Studio Fix Powder foundation. I first came across this baby when I saw Chrisppy use it in her videos. I thought it looked good, and I'd heard good things about powder foundations for oily skins. So I took myself off to my nearest MAC counter and picked it up. Here is a breakdown of what the product is, how I use it, and why I love it.



MAC says: "Stuido Fix is a one-step powder and foundation that provides a smooth, all-matte, full-coverage finish. Long-wearing, velvety texture that allows skin to breathe."

I say; A powder foundation with medium, buildable coverage. I disagree that this is full coverage. I would say that you can definitely build it to that level but because it's a powder I wouldn't for fear of it looking cakey. I personally layer a concealer underneath if I feel I need it. I do like the wear time on this, though. Even when my oil comes through later in the day I don't think it looks bad at all. 

On the left side of my face is one layer of 
Studioo Fix Powder. On the right side, clean skin.

How I apply; I start with clean, moisturised skin. It's important to make sure your skin is moisturised properly. This is a powder foundation so any areas with dry texture will immediately show up. I then prime with whatever product tickles my fancy on any given day. I apply Studio Fix Powder with a short, medium density buffing brush similar to a MAC 109. I find that this gives me a more natural looking finish and doesn't apply the product too thickly. A bonus for me is that if I'm feeling lazy and don't remove my facial hair (boy status showing, right?) I can buff a little bit into the edges and not have it really noticeable in that area. If I have any minor colour still coming through I use a small amount of product and add an extra layer in those places only. 


My overall verdict on this product is that it's a must-try at the very least for anyone with oiliness as their major concern. If blemishes are a worry for you this can definitely be used as a setting powder to add extra coverage over a liquid. If you don't worry a whole lot about pigmentation then try this on it's own. I like to use a balancing primer underneath and use this as my coverage. Let me know if you'd like a full base routine and I can get that done!

As always, feel free to get in touch! Let me know what you think of my wonky eyebrows as demonstrated in the above picture, or just ask about products and techniques. You do you, boo boo! 

Until next time,
stay classy San Diego!
J x 







No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik