Pages

Monday 20 July 2015

Cream Eyeshadow; how it can brighten, tighten, and lock in your look.

Good evening!

Even lifting my body off of my bed to sit down in front of my laptop and type this post is working out to be a whole lot more effort than it should. That tells you exactly the kind of day I'm having. So naturally I'm doing things the easy way today. Lazy, much?

Today's post is inspired by the amount of activity I've been doing for most of the day, i.e as little as is necessary. If you read my latest post (and why wouldn't you? Shame...) then you know that MAC's Painterly paint pot is my go to eye base. It's basically a cream eye shadow that matches my skin tone. But there are other cream products in a variety of colours that you can use to create almost any eye look. These products make doing your make up quick, easy and foolproof with minimal effort. No prizes for guessing why I love them. Intrigued? Thought so. Let me break it down.


To start with, there are two kinds of cream products for the eyes; ones that set in place to last longer and ones that stay creamy. The ones that set in place can be used alone for a quick application of colour to the eye, or they can be used as an eye shadow base. The colour and texture you use will determine how the eye make up will look overall. You can use designated products like paints pots, or even gel liners. I find Anastasia Beverly Hills' "Dipbrow" to be a brilliant cream shadow as well. These all dry to last throughout the day.

Using a cream eye shadow that matches your own skin tone will simply keep the colours on longer and make them easier to blend. It'll make the colour a little more vibrant but overall they should look the same as in the pan. Using a bright base will make vivid colours appear more intense. Using a darker coloured primer will make the eye make up appear more smokey and dramatic. If you use a particular tone or colour similar to powder shadows applied on top then you'll amp up the drama and make them more vibrant! 

Example; MAC "Deeply Dashing" pressed pigment applied alone, then over "Painterly" Paint Pot and finally on top of  "Pomegranate" Colour Tattoo by Maybeline. The darker red base brings out the warmth in Deeply Dashing, changing the tone of the product.

The second kind of product, the one that stays creamy, can be a multitude of things. You can use coloured face paint, concealers, eye liner pencils, and tons more. These products tend not to last as long and definitely need to be set in place with a powder product in a similar colour. You do have much more choice of colour, though. I'd stay away from lipsticks, lip liners and cream blushes as some of the red pigments can irritate the eyes. The most popular choice for this option is pencil eye liners. They're waxy and smooth and often quite easy to blend. This option is more suited to photographic or fashion make up looks, as it won't last all day on most people. 

Cream colours are essential for many make up artists and they're a fab little technique to add to your make up routine to make day to day beautifying that little bit easier. Whether you want to add a brightened effect to your eyes (that's me of an early morning shift) or you want something more dramatic and smokey then a cream shadow will work wonders for you. 

If you decide to experiment with some more colourful products and take a step outside your own comfort zone then definitely show me! You know where to find me, as always links are at the top of the blog. 

As for me, I'm cleaning up after myself and diving into bed. Don't judge, the evenings are already getting shorter. Say nothing'! 

Until next time!
J x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik